Corporate Social Responsibility
We aspire to be a corporation which is both financially successful and socially responsible. We seek constantly to integrate our business activities with contribution to the society.
Promoting health and wellness
- Vitasoy is committed to promoting consumer well-being and better quality of life through a wide range of high-quality, delicious, nutritious and sustainable plant-based products.
- In the first half of FY2014/2015, we launched a series of plant-based products such as Aseptic PET plastic bottled VITASOY Soymilk and VITA Hong Kong Style Milk Tea in Hong Kong, VITASOY Low Sugar Soymilk in Mainland China, VITASOY Almond Blends and Coconut Milk in Australia, Refrigerated VITASOY Soymilk and ready-to-eat NASOYA TofuBaked in the USA, and calcium enriched VITASOY Tofu in Singapore, to provide more choices to consumers and to meet the growing demand for healthy food and beverage products in different markets.
- In the first half of FY2014/2015, we continued to involve in various community activities with universities and health organisations which focus on promoting health and nutrition and to alleviate hunger and poverty of the less advantaged.
- Our Hong Kong and USA operations continued to donate products to the local food banks during the period to help relieve hunger in the community.
- Our employees actively participated in various community events such as the World Vision Hong Kong’s 30-Hour Famine with over 3,000 Hong Kong citizens starving for 30 hours without food but only Vitasoy drinks, with a purpose to raise fund to help the hungry people worldwide. We joined the Hong Kong Oxfam Trailwalker in teams to walk a 100km course within a limited time to help raise fund for people in other parts of the world to overcome poverty. The event has more than 4,700 participants.
- Our employees joined the 2014 Million Tree (Forest) Project in Hong Kong to help the plantation in Lantau Island, Hong Kong. The event gained support from over 2,000 participants to help protect the natural environment in the territory.
- The Group continued to implement a series of environmental-friendly programs to help conserve energy, water, electricity, and packaging materials in our plants.
- In Hong Kong, we replaced new pumps in the cooling tower water circulation system. The new pumps are operated automatically by pressure setting and off-load which helped to save electricity consumption by 30%.
- We implemented a series of environmental initiatives in the office area and were awarded the Green Office Label under“Green Office Awards Labelling Scheme (GOALS)”. We were also being recognised as “Earth Partner” of “Friends of the Earth (HK)”.
- In Mainland China, we replaced two old filling machines in Shenzhen plant by a new single glass bottle filler, which has helped improve production efficiency and electricity consumption. We have also conducted heat recovery from boiler funnel at Shanghai plant and saved natural gas usage by around 75,000 m3/year. In Foshan, we used frequency converter to eliminate electricity consumption in ice water system and cooling tower system.
- In Australia, we improved boiler performance by tuning the gas and oxygen ratio to reach optimal level so as to reduce natural gas consumption.
- In USA, we added a new Reclaim Clean-In-Place (CIP) system to reduce detergent usage and production cleaning time. We are also in the process of replacing the waste water treatment plant with a new one which will help increase the discharge capacity by more than 35%. The project is expected to be completed by the end of 2014.
- In Singapore, we installed a new Fill-Seal machine in tofu production to increase production efficiency by 15%.
Plant Visits to Vitasoy's Headquarters
||: 1 Kin Wong Street, Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong
||: (852) 2468 9644